Support Staff Positions Available
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $25,000 - $40,000
Offers 401K: - Yes
Employment Start Date: Immediately
Job Description: Promontory School is a tuition-free public charter serving 450 children in grades K-8.
The job of Kitchen Manager is done for the purposes of directing food service personnel in meeting the mandated nutritional needs of students. The kitchen manager will plan, prepare and serve the students attractive and nutritious meals in an atmosphere of friendliness, efficiency, and cleanliness. The kitchen manager manages the assigned kitchen and staff in the school setting.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Calculates recipe quantities for the purpose of assuring adequate meals to meet the need of staff and students, without creating excess waste.
2. Prepare food according to planned menus, using approved school recipes and safe food handling procedures.
3. Complete daily records, any deposits, and money journals.
4. Determine the quantities of food to be prepared daily.
5. Communicate with kitchen employees, school staff, students, and community to arrange for
and serve nutritious meals.
6. Supervise and instruct kitchen personnel in the safe and proper preparation of food.
7. Supervise and instruct kitchen personnel in safe, proper, and efficient use of all kitchen
8. Evaluate the performance of all kitchen employees.
9. Order all necessary supplies in compliance with order schedule.
10. Check in food shipments by verifying orders and signing off on invoices.
11. Check equipment to ensure it is in safe working condition, and notify the director when
12. repairs or replacements are needed.
13. Maintain kitchen employee time records and the monthly inventory of kitchen supplies.
14. Responds to inquiries of staff and families for the purpose of providing information regarding meals and the program.
15. Attend staff development and manager meetings as offered.
16. Instruct new kitchen employees in performing their assigned tasks.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications: The kitchen manager should stay informed of all nutritional information, kitchen supplies and health codes. The kitchen manager will plan the menu, order supplies and oversee the operations of the cafeteria and kitchen while following federal, state, and local guidelines. The Kitchen Manager will provide an environment that supports healthy food habits while maintaining program integrity and satisfaction.
The kitchen manager will be adhering to safety practices; operating equipment used in quantity food preparation; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
The kitchen manager is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: health standards and hazards; quantity cooking; and safety practices and procedures.
-Competency cooking from scratch
-ServeSafe certification and previous experience in a school setting is strongly preferred
-Current food handlers permit required before start date
-Must pass a Criminal Justice Background Investigation
SEND resumes to Jamie McKay firstname.lastname@example.org