This position is for a 7/8th grade Math Aide. If you are AMAZING with young teens, have a positive, can-do attitude, and you want to be a part of something incredible (or if you KNOW someone who fits that description)...please check out the job description below and email a resume to Jennifer Blaine at jblaine@promontoryschool.
Description of Position
Under the supervision of the director, the instructional assistant collaborates with a teacher to implement instructional strategies based on student needs. The instructional aide will assist teachers with instruction in math, reading, science, fieldwork and physical education in a mixed-age classroom. The aide will assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing educational benefit for students.
Experience and Education
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Training or experience that clearly demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities detailed below is required.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a deep commitment to the mission, values, and goals of Promontory School.
• Works with an individual student or small group of students to reinforce learning of materials and skills initially introduced and outlined by teaching staff.
• Assists with physical education instruction for larger groups of students.
• Assists with larger groups of students, enabling the teaching staff to work with smaller focus groups.
• Assists teaching staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
• Monitors instruction, work, activities, and behavior of students as assigned by the teaching staff.
• Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the teaching staff.
• Alerts the teaching staff to any problem or special information about an individual student or students.
• Performs assigned supervision of students as assigned by the teaching staff.
• Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
• Up to 29 hours per week
• Working days follow school calendar
• Starting wage $9.50/hour - depending on experience it could go up
• Position constitutes an employee at-will
To apply, please email a resume to Jennifer Blaine at