Support Staff Positions Available
Promontory School of Expeditionary Learning is an innovative K-8 public education option located in Perry, UT. Promontory is seeking a Special Education Paraprofessional to support the staff in effectively carrying out student individualized education plans.
At Promontory, students trade in rows of desks and fill-in-the blank busywork for guided, meaningful, project-based instruction. EL Learning is a nationally recognized education reform model that emphasizes high academic achievement through active learning, character growth, and teamwork.
The mission of Promontory is:
To provide a rich educational environment that views learning as an Expedition and uses the study of Great Thinkers to cultivate the value of excellence and the love of knowledge. Using investigation and discovery to make connections to ideas and our community, we empower children to embrace challenge, act with humanity, and become the Great Thinkers of the 21st century.
Please visit our website, to learn more about Promontory.
Description of Position:
Under the supervision of the director, the instructional aide collaborates with a teacher to implement instructional strategies based on student needs. The instructional aide will assist teachers with instruction in math, reading, science, fieldwork, and physical education in a mixed-age classroom. The aide will assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing educational benefit for students.
Experience and Education:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Training or experience that clearly demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities detailed below is required.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a deep commitment to the mission, values, and goals of Promontory School.
• Works with an individual student or small group of students to reinforce learning of materials and skills initially introduced and outlined by teaching staff.
• Assists with physical education instruction for larger groups of students.
• Assists with larger groups of students, enabling the teaching staff to work with smaller focus groups.
• Assists teaching staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
• Monitors instruction, work, activities, and behavior of students as assigned by the teaching staff.
• Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the teaching staff.
• Alerts the teaching staff to any problem or special information about an individual student or students.
• Performs assigned supervision of students as assigned by the teaching staff.
• Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
• Up to 29 hour a week
• Working days follow our school calendar
• $9.50/hour or more, depending on education and experience
• Position constitutes an employee at-will
Please send a letter of interest and resume HERE.
Work for the classroom aide positions will begin on August 17, 2020
Position open until filled.