Enrollment in the lottery for the 2021-22 school year is now open.
Applications for the kindergarten lottery will be accepted until 9 am on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at which point the lottery will be processed and seats will be awarded via email. Each student whose name went through the lottery will be awarded a spot on the wait list. 52 new kindergarten students
will be enrolled each year. Once you are emailed an offer, you have 5 days to accept the offer it will be awarded to the next person on the waiting list.
1st-8th grade lottery applications will be accepted until 9 am on Thursday, April 15, 2021. The 1st-8th grade lottery will be processed at that time and seats will be awarded through email. Promontory will offer as many seats as it has available and can not predict how many that will be. Total enrollment for the school is as follows:
K- 52 students
1st Grade - 52 Students
2nd Grade - 52 Students
3rd Grade - 52 Students
4th Grade - 52 Students
5th Grade - 54 Students
6th Grade - 54 Students
7th Grade - 54 Students
8th Grade - 54 Students
As students leave the school throughout the year for various reasons (their family relocates to a new city, etc) then those open positions will be offered to the next person on that grade's specific waiting list. Once a student has been offered a position (done through email) they have five (5) days to accept the offer. If the offer is not accepted by the fifth day, Promontory can offer the spot to the next person on the waiting list. Once an offer has been accepted, the parent of the new student has seven (7) days to complete the registration process. If this process is not completed by the seventh day from acceptance, Promontory can offer the spot to the next person on the waiting list.
Important Note: You can still apply for future lottery positions after April 15, 2021 and the lottery will be processed each month, generally on the 3rd Thursday of the month. Students will be placed on the waiting lists behind people already assigned a waitlist number in previous lotteries.
INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS
Before You Complete The Enrollment Application, Please Consider The Following:
Students must be at least 5 years old on or before September 1 of the year they start school to apply. Applying years in advance for kindergarten does not increase chances of selection.
- If you have applied in previous years, and have a student currently on the waiting list, you do not need to re-enroll that student.
- If you already have a student on the waiting list or currently attending Promontory School and you have additional children you would like to enroll, please fill out an application for the new student(s). In this case, be sure to select "Yes" when asked if you have previous students so that we can connect them as siblings.
- Please only enter those children who will actually be attending school in the year for which you are applying. If your student is accepted, you will be asked later for the names of siblings who will attend Promontory School in the future.
- Please be sure to enter the correct grade for your student. Enter the grade they will be in for the year to which your are applying.
- Email is the primary method of communication during the enrollment process. You may need to check your spam folder.
- Information gathered will be treated confidentially.
- If you have additional questions, please refer to the Promontory Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions page here or call the office at 435-919-1900.
This application does not guarantee a spot at Promontory School of
Expeditionary Learning. This application will enter your child into our enrollment lottery.